Friday 12 October 2012

Sleep Walking


I have been sleep deprived for the last 8 days, rising from bed 6 times at 5am or early:
- 5am: Friday morning swim
- 4:45am: Saturday Kinglake ride
- 5am: Sunday Duathlon (Elaine raced)
- 6am: sleep in before work
- 5am: Tuesay morning swim
- 6am: sleep in before work
- 4am: Thursday dropping off Elaine for flight to Sydney
- 5am: Friday morning swim

I usually try and get to bed before 9:30pm, unfortunately this has not happened once in the last week. In fact I've been lucky to have been in bed before 11pm.

Tomorrow morning I'll be up early again for an early morning swim and Sunday morning I'll be up early to follow the Hawaii Ironman (World Championships) via the Internet.

After the hard ride on Saturday and a season longest run of 15km on Sunday I decided to take a slightly easier week. A good decision in hindsight considering the lack of sleep.

I'll ramp training back up this weekend with a swim and 3 hour ride on Saturday followed by a 16km run on Sunday. This should give me about 8.5km swimming (3rd time in 4 weeks that my swimming mileage will be over 8km), 80km cycling and 30km of running, all up around 10 hours. Not bad for an easy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment