Thursday 27 October 2011

Reduced Training Week

More beautiful weather and still injured.  After a nice run on Sunday, I did a windtrainer and swim session on Monday before being subjected to the dry needing on Tuesday.

I pulled up sore on Tuesday morning, so I didn't do my planned morning run and I was even sorer after the dry needling.  Wednesday morning was not much better (so much for the dry needling) so I took another rest day with the only session being a swim with John Van Wisse in the evening.  I arrived early and did an extra 800m before the session, resulting in a total swim of 4km - my longest ever swim.

Thursday morning I felt a little better, so decided to try another windtrainer session.  Unlike last time, I remembered to tape up my knee and after the session I felt great.  Later that day I went out for an easy 8km run (knee still taped) and again experienced no problems and the knee pulled up very well.

If this lasts, I should not lose much conditioning and will soon be back into full training.

No comments:

Post a Comment