Thursday 26 July 2012

Injuries Are Improving

My back still feels delicate and seems like it would not take much to trigger it again. But it is no longer impacting any of my sessions. Even when I do the one legged squat exercises for my knee, there is no longer any twinges from my back.

Talking of the one legged squats, since I started doing these exercises more regulary, I've definitely noticed improvement in my knee (patellar tendinopathy injury). Sounds pretty obvious doesn't it - do the rehab exercises and your injury will improve. The problem is that you always think you are doing the exercises, but it wasn't till I started recording them in my training diary that I realised I wasn't doing them anywhere near often enough. Now I'm doing the squats at least every 2nd day and I'm using the foam roller on my quads and ITB 2 out of 3 days.

The sore shoulders are still there, but no where near as bad as they were. And they now have almost no impact on my swimming. Unfortunately I'm developing a sore neck. In particular it hurts when I look over my right shoulder. It feels better for a few days after the chiropractor works on it, but I only see him once every 3 weeks.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how things are slowly progressing. Below is a Strava session of a new running route we discovered near work.

No comments:

Post a Comment