Sunday 26 May 2013

Weight of Mileage

Yet another week with lots of running. The mileage is still coming easily, but the legs are feeling a little heavier. I've got no injuries, but the general aches and pains seem to be a little more frequent. It definitely feels like I am at my body's limit as far as run mileage goes. This coming week will be our last in the foundation building phase before we start adding some intensity.

Elaine's cycling enthusiasm is at an all time high and she produced another 80+km ride. Once again she rode on the Challenge Melbourne bike course, this time she was lucky enough to have Tania as company and Leah has hinted she'd like to join them next time.

I would have liked to have competed in a cycling road race with the Southern Masters on Sunday, but unfortunately my arm injury is still causing problems. It pulled up quite sore from Saturday's 3 hour ride  and is also giving me some trouble during the swim sessions. The injury improved a lot in the first few days, but has not improved so much over the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment