Saturday 4 May 2013

Getting Back on Track


Training started to get back on track this week. After overcoming the quad soreness and recovering from the weekend's cold, I started the week with an easy 10km run on Monday. I swam Tuesday morning and ran on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Thursday's run felt terrible. My legs felt very heavy and it just wasn't happenining - not ideal with the Puffing Billy run on the weekend. To help freshen up I decided to have a complete rest day on Friday (didn't even swim) and only did a 2 hour ride on Saturday morning. Despite not running quite as much as planned, after Puffing Billy I'll still have clocked up 50km for the week.

My original intention when I signed up for Puffing Billy was to beat the train. Elaine and I did a hill training session back in early March. But since then I have changed my focus to preparing for the Worlds in September. So other than that initial session, there has been no training targetting Puffing Billy. As a result my expectations are not high.

No comments:

Post a Comment