Wednesday 14 December 2011

100 Days till Ironman

Monday started well with a really good run.  However my knee has not been improving as I would have liked and I've skipped sessions every day since Monday hoping the rest will help with the recovery.

I saw the Chiropractor tonight and he suggested that I now have Bursitis.  The pain has lowered to where the patella tendon attaches to the bone.  I see the Physio on Friday, so I'll know then whether or not he agrees with the Chiro's diagnosis.

I've had 3 reasonable weeks of training - lots of swimming, two long rides and my running is now up to 10km.  So one easy week now will do me more good than bad.  But I'll be extremely frustrated if I cannot get a long ride in this weekend.

There are 100 days till Ironman.  Currently I have probably done more swimming than I expected, and my long ride is not too far off target. However I am literally miles behind in my running.  I would expect my long runs to be well over 20km and my weekly mileage to be approaching 60km.  Instead my last run was 10km and my total distance for the last 8 weeks has been less than 60km.

I have 46 days before the Alpine Classic ride - my participation is still in doubt,  and the Long Distance Triathlon at Geelong is two weeks after the Alpine Classic. These two events will be my best gauge for Ironman.  If my knee does not come up for the Alpine Classic or I struggle too much or my knee flares up at the Geelong race, I will probably need to pull out of the Ironman.

At the moment my enthusiasm and confidence is very low, but maybe this is just a side affect of not training.

No comments:

Post a Comment