Saturday 17 December 2011

Out of Action

I saw the Physio yesterday, and I've been ordered to take it easy until I see the Sports Medicine Doctor on Friday.  The most likely scenario is that I will get a cortisone injection designed to break up the inflammation in the patella tendon and bursa.

Until Friday I am allowed to do as much swimming as I want (which isn't usually much) and short, easy, flat bike rides.  This morning I joined the local bike shop ride.  In hindsight, this ride was not slow or flat, but I seemed to pull up well.

With the forced break from running and restricted riding, all of my planned events are in doubt. At the moment I would rate myself less than 50% chance of making the start line for Ironman. But maybe the cortisone injection will work wonders, we can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment