Wednesday 7 December 2011

Rest day

I ran 8km on Monday, road 78km yesterday morning and swam 2.2km yesterday afternoon.  Today's plan was run 9km and do 2 swims, one in the pool and one in the bay.  However the knee was not feeling great this morning - it was not that bad, but I could feel it a little which was a bit disappointing.  Usually the morning after a ride day it feels good, so I decided to skip today's run and make it a rest day - except for an easy swim in the bay tonight.

Maybe it is weather related, because my knee seems to only play up when the weather is perfect for training.  At least I'll enjoy tonight's open water swim.

Fingers crossed, the knee will feel better tomorrow.  I'm planning a ride, the length of which will decide upon how good the knee is feeling.  If everything goes OK, I might do as much as 130km - roughly 5 hours.

I've made a few alterations to the tri-bike in preparation for Ironman.  I have raised the bars about 15mm, added a bottle cage to the handlebar stem and changed the seat from a Profile Design TriStryke to a ProLogo Nago Evo Tri40.

The new seat is not only more comfortable, but its color scheme better matches the bike - which is very important.

Adding the bottle cage to the stem allows me an extra bottle without having to attach bottle cages behind the seat.  I should only need 1 extra bottle for Ironman, as there will be plenty of aid stations on the bike course to get new bottles.  It also makes it much easier to access the bottle.




No comments:

Post a Comment