Sunday 5 August 2012

Speeding Penalty

The speed session on Tuesday took more out of me than I expected. Every time I got out of my chair on Wednesday, I felt stiffness throughout my entire body. It had eased a little by Thursday, but not as much as I would have liked. As a result I cut my Thursday run down to 7km and didn't feel too bad. However I ended up running another 3km as part of the run session I'm now coaching on Thursday nights, so everything was still quite stiff and sore on Friday.

The main stiffness was in my quads and calf muscles. I used the foam roller and also tried to self massage, pushing my knuckles through the sorest spots which helped a little.

My alarm went off at 5:30am Saturday morning, I heard the rain outside, rolled over and went back to sleep. At 10:00am the weather had improved and I ventured out for a much shorter (but probably faster) 38km ride. By Sunday most of the stiffness and soreness had dissipated, so managed to fit in a 13km run along the coastal path up to Frankston. This brought the week's run mileage up to a season's high of 35km.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow before deciding whether or not I attend this week's Tuesday speed session.

No comments:

Post a Comment