Wednesday 8 August 2012

Still Speeding

Despite the soreness from last week's speed work, I decided to front up at the Athletics track again for another Tuesday night session.

I felt like I'd finally recovered, as the tightness in my legs (calf muscles mainly) had mostly disappeared. To help reduce the chance of injury I wore Skins compression leggings and Calf compression socks (last week I only wore the leggings). Another change from last week was to wear a sleeveless top. Even on a cold August night, it is amazing how hot you get when you run fast.

Last night's session was 4 x 6 minute efforts with 2 minutes full recovery in between. In the interests of staying injury free, I only did 3 efforts. My average speeds for the 3 x 6 minute efforts were 3m46s, 3m48s & 3m50s per kilometre pace. Overall I'm happy with the session and pulled up reasonably well. My right calf and achilles is a bit stiff, but not as bad as last week and my knee feels fine.

Below are the Strava details for the session. The first kilometre of warmup is missing because Elaine arrived at the session late (issues at work) and had my GPS watch in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment