Monday 9 January 2012

A Good Week

The last week saw 15 hours of training involving 4 swims (7.6km), 4 rides (239 km) and 4 runs (31 km). It equated to 304 Slowtwitch Points which makes it the biggest training week so far this season. Unfortunately 300 points is what I look to do each week in the lead up to a Half Ironman, so I still have a bit of work to reach Ironman training levels. In previous Half Ironman training weeks I have achieved the 300 points in only 12 hours of training, which highlights how much slower my training pace has become.

This week has started off well with a 99km ride to Rye. But I'll be limited in what I can do over the next 2 days, as I'll be stuck at home with trades people in the house renovating the warbdrobe in our master bedroom. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a small run or two.

I'm planning to get my long run up to 14km this week and weather permitting I'm hoping to get that elusive 5 hour ride done this Sunday.  I have numerous coaching commitments this week (and the next 2 weeks following), so training sessions will be that much harder to fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment