Monday 23 January 2012

Time to get back into the thick of it

Last week was my recovery week.  I did sneak in a long run of 16km and a 3.4km swim, but otherwise it was a pretty easy week.  After the 160km ride the week before, I took 5 days off from riding to allow the saddle sores to heal and then did 2 rides on the weekend - 90km on Sat and a very easy 33km on Sunday.  There were 6 swims for the week, but 4 of them were only 500m or less.

This week the plan is to up the volume again.  Originally I had planned to do a 5km Open Water Swim at the Australia Day event at Brighton, which would be followed by a long ride & run on Fri and another long run on Saturday.  But I have decided to do a Race Simulation event with the Bayside Triathlon Club instead - 3km Swim, 150km Bike & 10km Run.  The recovery required for this event will bring down the week's volume a little, but I think the experience of the Race Simulation will definitely be worth it.  And if I pull up well, I should be able to get in an 18km run on the Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment