Friday 6 January 2012

Mild Thigh Soreness

Headed out for a 5 hour ride early yesterday morning. The plan was to head south for 2.5 hours, return home and refill the water bottles before heading off north for another 2.5 hours.

The conditions were perfect, so I headed a bit further south up to McCrae. However on the way way home I felt a little bit of aching in the thigh muscles, mainly the ITB and VMO. Not wanting to risk any more injuries I decided to skip the ride up north and finished up with a 3 hour ride covering 78km.  Any tightness in the thigh will put extra pressure on my patella tendon, so I have to be very careful in this area.

I tried to capture the view of Safety Beach as you pass through the hilly section in Mt Martha, but I don't think I did it justice.  Hopefully I'll manage a better picture on one of my future rides - this is my favourite riding location, so I go there a lot.

Tonight I have a massage booked with Burkey, so hopefully he can loosen things up and I'll be back in business. Not wanting today to be a complete day of rest, I did a 3km swim session that included a main set of 20x100m Freestyle (every 2nd one was recovery).

No comments:

Post a Comment