Monday 6 February 2012

7 Weeks to Go

After a slow start to the week due to the quad strain, I ended up completing my biggest ever training week - 10.3km Swimming, 323km Riding and 40.9km Running - a total of 19h49m of training (405 Slowtwitch points).  Yesterday afternoon, despite rain, thunder, lightning and even hail, I did my first ever 2 hour run (21.4km).

My knee still aches (especially on the bike rides), but it is no longer stopping me from training.  Generally I am now feeling a lot more confident that I will manage to get in a reasonable amount of training, as evidenced by last week's effort of nearly 20 hours.

Today is a rest day and will only contain one swim tonight. I'll pick up the training load on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday before backing off leading into the race at Geelong this Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I am tired and sore just reading about your training. Cheers David

    ReplyDelete