Friday 10 February 2012

Geelong Long Course

The Geelong race is this Sunday - I am doing the Long Course race (2km Swim / 80km Bike / 20km Run) and Elaine is doing her first Olympic Distance race (1.5km Swim / 40km Bike / 10km Run) since the Age Group World Championships in 2008.

I had planned to put in a solid week's training only resting on Friday and Saturday as a mini taper for the race.  But my body and mind have just not been up to it this week.  On Monday night I did a good swimming squad session and I ran 10km on Tuesday and Wednesday, but other than that there has been only been 2 short bay swims.  It has been one of my quietest weeks for a while.

.....

When I started writing this blog entry yesterday, I had planned out a lot of stuff that I wanted to write and photos to post.  But I encountered so many interruptions that I have completely forgotten what I was about to say.  Kind of sums up my week and it doesn't look like it is going to get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment