Sunday 28 August 2011

I'm in !!!

Entries for Ironman Melbourne opened today at 1pm, by 1:07pm all 1500 slots had been taken.  The official sellout time may be longer because entrants had 20 mins to complete their registrations and any incomplete entries went back on sale.

Now that I am officially entered, I am surprisingly not stricken with fear.  Maybe the insanity required to even contemplate an Ironman has now taken full grip of my senses.  Although there is a certain amount of dread when I think about some of the ridiculously long training sessions I'll need to complete.

This week's training was my biggest of the season so far at just under 11 hours and was dominated by 185kms of riding, including 3 categorised climbs (Arthurs Seat, 1 in 20 and The Wall).  Of course this distance was done over 3 separate rides, whereas on race day I'll do this in one go, preceded by a very long swim and followed by a marathon - maybe best not to think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment