Monday 8 August 2011

Quick Time Trials

After missing out on most of the Duathlon's bike leg due to a puncture, I decided to do two 5km Time Trials at the Velodrome just to see what sort of form I was in, and also to get some riding time on the new Tri-Bike.

I put training wheels on and wore a normal road helmet, as this is how I've performed all my TTs in the past.  The session was very simple, 5km warmup, 5km TT, 5km recovery, 5km TT, 5km cooldown.

Usually at this point of the season my TT avg speeds would be around 38 & 36kph.  But on the new bike they were 40.6 and 39.2kph (power was 304 and 295 watts).  I don't believe I am in any better form that usual, I think the new bike is simply that much faster.  Previously I only had a road bike with tri-bars, and going by this test, a tri-bike has meant an extra 2kph.

I am now really looking forward to the next race.

No comments:

Post a Comment