Monday 8 August 2011

Ironman Melbourne is announced

I had never considered doing an Ironman.  Rumours about Ironman Melbourne had been circulating for over 12 months, and I'll admit that an Ironman race in my home town had caught my interest.  But all the rumours had mentioned Docklands as the location, and having previously lived in an apartment at Docklands I had no intention of ever swimming in that water.

But with the official announcement of Ironman Melbourne came the previously unmentioned location of Frankston.  This is a location very close to where I live, in fact it will be the closest a Triathlon has ever been to my house.  Maybe this is a sign.

I still think the event is utter madness and I still do not believe I am capable of completing such a ridiculously long event.  But I find myself seriously considering the idea.  Even my wife Elaine is suggesting I give it some thought.

Entries go online on 28th August, so I have another 20 days to decide if I want to do something really stupid

No comments:

Post a Comment