Monday 8 August 2011

Initial plans for the season

With the 2011/12 season upon us, I decided to do a Long Distance triathlon (2/80/20) in Geelong.  My previous 2 HIM attempts had seen me really struggle towards the end of the run and I thought the slightly shorter distance might go in my favour.  Not that I was expecting to get anywhere near the age group podium, I just wanted to be able to finish the run strongly and post a good time.

The HIM at Torquay in April had left me with boney bruising in the knee due to patella tracking problems.  It had taken 3 months to get back to running, but I was confident I now had this under control and would be able to clock the mileage required for the long distance triathlon in Feb 2012.  Plus we had both just bought new road bikes and I also got a new triathlon bike, so I was eager to find out how much faster I could go.

Elaine had been taking it easy triathlon (and training) wise over the last 2 years.  Some of this was due to illness, and some of it was just to have a break.  However she was now keen to get back into it, and had picked the Olympic Distance race at Geelong (same day and location as my Long Distance) as her target race for the season.

The plan was do Sprint Duathlons in winter and Sprint Triathlons in Summer as lead up races to our target event.  We might also do a 10km fun run in October, I didn't believe either of us would be in good enough condition to do the Half Marathon at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment