Wednesday 24 August 2011

Only 4 days before entries go online - decision time

I eased back into training last week after the Duathlon.  The legs were stiff for a few days, but actually felt better once I put a bit of run mileage back into them.  The week saw 7.5 hours of training which included 35km of running.

This week should see an increase, and I'm expecting around 11 hours largely due to a 3 hour ride today up to the top of Arthurs Seat.  Originally I planned to do a short, easy ride of around 40km, but the weather was so good I just kept going and ended up with a hilly 80km.  The Arthurs Seat climb is just under 3km with an average gradient of 8%.  The picture on the right is from a lookup about 400m from the top.

There have been a few aches and pains, especially in my shoulders from swimmimg, but nothing too serious so far.  Hopefully my body will be able to manage the heavy training load - it is certainly going to require a lot of maintenance.  At the moment my thoughts on entering Ironman Melbourne are "Yes", but that could change in the next 4 days.

Entries for Ironman Melbourne go on sale at 1pm this Sunday.  There has been lots of conjecture about how fast the event will sell out, so I will have to be at my computer and ready to start typing quickly at 1pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment