Thursday 22 March 2012

Lots of gear to get ready

This is the bag I received my race kit in.  I took the photo with the bottom section separated.  It is designed to carry your wetsuit and any other wet gear and it zips onto the bottom of the main bag or can be used alone as a small backpack.  The main part of the bag has a drawstring top and several small zippable pouches inside.  Next season I expect I will use this bag to carry my gear to all my races.


The next photo on the right shows the race gear supplied within the race kit.  There was also lot of advertising, 2 water bottles, a satchel of gatorade and a few other odds and ends, but we will ignore those for the moment.  Going clockwise you can see the 2 race bibs already attached to my race belts (one is Elaine's on loan), blue bike transition bag, red run transition bag, red run special food bag, blue bike special food bag, red swim cap, stickers for the helmet and special food bags and the sticker for the bike.

Finally the last photo shows all my other gear needed for the race spread across the downstairs coffee table.  This includes race top and shorts, wetsuit, shoes, bike pump, running cap, sunnies, goggles, towel, water bottles, chafing cream, nutrition, heart rate monitor, socks and sun screen.  For some reason my bike helmet didn't make it into the picture.

I've had my gear laid out here since Sunday.  I wanted to make sure I had everything and didn't want any worries during the last week.

The last things I purchased were the 2 water bottles on the far back corner.  They are insulated and I'll use these in my bike special needs bag.  Hopefully they will keep my nutrition a little cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment