Saturday 3 March 2012

Hip Coming Good

The hip is now improving at a good rate which is very encouraging.  Wednesday morning's run was only 3.4km, but I ran 5km without pain on Thursday evening (before the swim session) and another 8km off the bike on Saturday morning.  The last 2 runs could easily have been longer, but on both occasions I simply ran out of time.

Thursday night's swim did not go as well.  Again I was in the 2nd fastest lane, but this time it was really flying, matching pace with the fastest lane.  I lasted 2.3km, but had to hop out completely exhausted.  This decision was vindicated when I suffered a bad cramping spasm in my feet just trying to get into the car.  I'm not too worried about not being able to finish the session, it was my 4th swim in 5 days after a 2 week break, I had run 5km just before the session and the speed of the lane was much faster than usual.

Still suffering from saddle sores and now being able to run and swim again, I stayed off the bike during the week.  Saturday morning was a tougher ride than expected due to continually being cutoff from the group due to traffic lights.  But despite the extra effort I felt good on the run off the bike, so my bike form must be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment