Thursday 24 May 2012

Back Injury Update

I had my second physio appointment this morning.  My back has improved substationally.  I can now stand up straight (impossible a few days ago) and lean to either side.  However I am still banned from running or riding until the weekend.  In the meantime I am allowed to swim, but that would mean getting out of bed very early tomorrow morning which is unlikely.

On the subject of swimming, I mentioned my shoulder problem to my Chiropractor on Wednesday night (yes I see a lot of Sports Medical Professionals).  He examined my shoulder and discovered it has very little movement.  Apparently it is jammed too tight into the socket which explains the pain I experience when I begin swimming.  Whilst he was doing the examination I was very pleasantly surprised that my shoulder was not causing any pain as he moved it about.  I cannot remember being able to lift my arm above my head without pain in the last 5 years, but I just assumed it was his expertise that allowed this to happen.  It was not until I got home that I realised he was examining my good shoulder (or should I say least bad shoulder).

No comments:

Post a Comment