Sunday 13 May 2012

First week back into training

As per usual in May, my first week of training was an extremely light one.  It consisted of a Beep Test, a 4.7km walk and two 5km runs - a whopping 41 Slowtwitch points.  I performed the Beep Test with colleagues from work (in the underground carpark), but I don't have a score because the Phone App we were using stops at 10.3.

Saturday morning was beautiful weather, but somehow I didn't make it outside for my bike ride.  I believe I am missing the riding and can't wait to get back out on the road, but my actions have been telling another story.

Next week I plan to go for my first swim at the newly opened GESAC (Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre).  I had planned to do this last week, but never actually made it.

My knee is no longer bothering me on a day to day basis, but if I poke around I can find tender spots that do not exist in the other knee.  This means there is still inflammation in the knee.  6 weeks is long enough rest, hopefully it will continue to gradually improve with light training.

No comments:

Post a Comment