Tuesday 4 September 2012

Beautiful Day


Sping has arrived. The weather on Monday was good, on Tuesday it was even better.

It was a lovely 15'C Tuesday morning as I swam in the GESAC outdoor pool. Easily the best weather I've experienced since we started swimming there. Unfortunately Elaine missed out on this beautiful day, as she is still sick at home.

My Sunday long run was cut short due to leg pain. It began with my left hip around the 10km mark. I decided to ignore the pain and continue running, but as soon as I felt pain in my knee at the 13.7km, I stopped and walked the last 1.3km back to my house. Despite the shortened run I was still pleased with the session. My pace and heart rate were indicating definite improvement in my aerobic fitness - travelling at 5m40s per km pace with a heart rate in the mid 130's (previously around 6 min pace). The dream is to eventually improve my pace to flat 5 min pace for the same heart rate - probably kidding myself (briefly got down to 5m20s pace last season).

I followed up Sunday's run with a 4km recovery run on Monday night. The slightly longer daylight hours giving me a chance to run after work on the soft surface of the Seaford trail. Nothing felt great, but it didn't feel bad either.

As previously mentioned, Tuesday was a beautiful day. In anticipation of this I wore a running singlet (had a long sleeve t-shirt on last week) and still felt very warm on the run - I think the temperature reached 22'C. My running pace was back up to 6 min pace, but I'm guessing (hoping) this is simply related to the heat (or lack of cold). Again I didn't really feel great, but not too bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment