Thursday 10 November 2011

MRI dramas

Tuesday morning I had a physio appointment, but due to the wet weather bringing peak hour traffic to an almost stand-still, I arrived 15 mins late.  Therefore the session became more of a quick consultation with no work being done for my injured back or knee.  This experience highlighted how important it would be to arrive on time for the MRI this morning.

I allowed an hour's traveling time, which should be ample considering the early appointment time of 7:15am.  However when working out what time I had to leave home, I had a complete brain meltdown and somehow thought 6:45am was 1 hour before 7:15am.

A sudden sick feeling entered my stomach when the 7:00am news bulletin came on the radio and I was less than half way there.  At first I was in disbelief, still believing I had left so early, but after redoing the time calculations I soon realised my mistake.  I could not even ring the MRI centre because my phone had frozen up the night before (now fixed).

Luckily I had decided to allow 1 hour's traveling time.  So even though I left 30 mins late, I arrived only 15 mins late.  Unfortunately this would still be too late to keep the 7:15am appointment.  But fortune was shining upon me, because the 8:00am appointment had arrived early and in my absence had taken my 7:15am timeslot - I wonder if they miscalculated their departure time in the opposite direction.

So after a stressful morning, I ended up getting my MRI after all.  Of course they never tell you the results - you have to wait until you see the Physio again.

No comments:

Post a Comment