Friday 11 November 2011

MRI Results

I pre-booked the Friday morning Physio appointment a week ahead to make sure I didn't have to wait long for the MRI results.  Now paranoid about arriving on time, I ended up getting to the Sports Medical Centre 30 minutes early.  Unfortunately the receptionist was running late, so everything was delayed in her absence whilst my Physio fumbled around trying to process patient payments - the irony.

The MRI results clearly showed inflammation of the patella tendon.  This was the Physio's initial prognosis, and he is not sure why the Ultrasound did not reveal this injury.  It seems that Ultrasounds can be a little hit and miss and are very reliant upon the expertise of the person performing the Ultrasound.  Whereas the MRIs are always very comprehensive (and much more expensive).

So we are back to the initial plan of light exercise, taping the knee and lots of strength exercises.  However I'm to abstain from running for a while.

I am allowed to do the Eastlink Ride on Sunday (one 75km lap of the Eastlink tollway), but only if I ride it at Ironman pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment