Saturday 12 November 2011

Setting up the road bike

I was tempted to go for another ride on Saturday but decided not to risk it and save myself for Sunday's ride.  Instead I setup the road bike for Eastlike ride.

My recent rides had been on my Triathlon bike thinking that this put less pressure on my knee due to the different position on the bike.  However the Triathlon bike only really feels comfortable when you are going fast, and my comeback from injury needs a lot of short easy rides.  Therefore I've decided to revert back to riding on the Road bike.  Also the Eastlink Ride does not allow Triathlon Bikes.

I've had the power meter moved from the Triathlon to the Road bike.  And just for the Eastlink ride I have put the Zipp wheels on the Road bike.  The reason I'm doing the Eastlink Ride is that it is the only opportunity I'll get to ride the Ironman bike course before the race.  So it makes sense to do the ride on the wheels I'll be racing with.

I'll remove the Zipp wheels after the ride and revert to my training wheels.  But don't the Zipps look good on the Colnago.

No comments:

Post a Comment